Cannabis business accelerator CanopyBoulder hosted a webinar “Cannabis Investing 101” today, with about 40 attendees dialed in to learn about the industry. Partner and Managing Director Micah Tapman and Co-founder and CEO Patrick Rea shared insight on topics that included:
- Should I invest in a grow/MIPS/dispensary?
- Can I invest if I don’t live in Colorado, California, etc.?
- What does it mean when someone says they “touch the plant”?
- Are cannabis investments safe?
- When will I get my money back?
- What options are there for different types of investments?
The duo cautioned against investing in businesses that directly engage in the cultivation, processing or sale of cannabis. They also warned that banking solutions are risky businesses that could see their entire value proposition wiped out instantly. Colorado Securities Commissioner Gerald Rome informed attendees of a variety of red flags with respect to investing in the industry.
Read Shay Castle’s “Startup accelerator Canopy Boulder cautions: Pot no guarantor of profits”: http://www.dailycamera.com/top-business/ci_29270389/boulder-startup-accelerator-cautions-pot-no-guarantor-profits