iAnthus Reports Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results
NEW YORK and TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc. (“iAnthus” or the “Company”) (CSE: IAN) (OTCPK: ITHUF), which owns, operates, and partners with regulated cannabis operations across the United States, today reported its financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2022. The Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, which includes its unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2022 and the related management’s discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations, can be accessed on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (“SEC’s”) website at www.sec.gov, the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com, and on the Company’s website at www.iAnthus.com.
Third Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights
- Revenue of $39.4 million, a sequential decrease of 10% from Q2 2022 and a decrease of 20% from the same period in the prior year.
- Gross profit of $16.2 million, a sequential decrease of 18% when compared to Q2 2022 and a decrease of 38% from the same period in the prior year.
- Gross margin of 41.1%, reflecting a sequential decrease of 4.1% from Q2 2022 and a decrease of 11.8% from the same period in the prior year.
- Net loss of $22.0 million, or a loss of $0.00 per share, compared to a loss of $373.6 million or a loss of $0.65 per share in Q2 2022, and a loss of $15.8 million, or a loss of $0.09 per share, in the same period in the prior year.
- Adjusted EBITDA(6) loss of $0.3 million, a sequential decrease from $2.3 million in Q2 2022 and a decrease from $8.1 million from the same period in the prior year. EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA are non-GAAP measures. Reconciliation tables of EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA as used in this news release to GAAP are included below.
Non-GAAP Financial Information
This release includes certain non-GAAP financial measures as defined by the SEC. Reconciliations of these non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable financial measures calculated and presented in accordance with GAAP are included in the tables above. This information should be considered as supplemental in nature and not as a substitute for, or superior to, any measure of performance prepared in accordance with GAAP.
In evaluating our business, we consider and use EBITDA as a supplemental measure of operating performance. We define EBITDA as earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. We present EBITDA because we believe it is frequently used by securities analysts, investors and other interested parties as a measure of financial performance. We define Adjusted EBITDA as EBITDA before stock-based compensation, accretion expense, write-downs and impairments, gains and losses from changes in fair values of financial instruments, income or losses from equity-accounted investments, changes in accounting policy, non-recurring costs related to the Company’s Recapitalization Transaction, and litigation costs related to ongoing legal proceedings.
The terms EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA are not defined under GAAP, and are not a measure of operating income, operating performance or liquidity presented in accordance with GAAP. EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA have limitations as an analytical tool, and when assessing the Company’s operating performance, investors should not consider EBITDA or Adjusted EBITDA in isolation, or as a substitute for net income (loss) or other consolidated income statement data prepared in accordance with GAAP. Among other things, EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA do not reflect the Company’s actual cash expenditures. Other companies may calculate similar measures differently than us, limiting their usefulness as comparative tools. We compensate for these limitations by relying on GAAP results and using EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA only as supplemental information.
iAnthus owns and operates licensed cannabis cultivation, processing and dispensary facilities throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.iAnthus.com.