- Q1 2022 revenue of $25.7 million, up 8% compared to Q1 2021
- Q1 2022 net loss of $2.1 million, compared to net loss of $6.0 million in Q1 2021
- Q1 2022 Adjusted EBITDA of $2.6 million
All results are reported in United States dollars ($) unless otherwise indicated.
LAS VEGAS, NV / ACCESSWIRE / May 16, 2022 / Planet 13 Holdings Inc. (CSE: PLTH)(OTCQX: PLNHF) (“Planet 13” or the “Company”), a leading vertically-integrated cannabis company, today announced its financial results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2022. Planet 13’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
While January and February were seasonally slow, we saw traffic start to pickup in March. Despite the lower tourist numbers, the Las Vegas SuperStore and our Medizin dispensary continue to compete very well taking a strong share of the overall Nevada market.
Larry Scheffler, Co-CEO of Planet 13.
Our branded products are performing well with wholesale continuing to grow nicely in Nevada. We are proud to have closed the acquisition of Next Green Wave in March and begin to bring our brands to California.
“We continue to make progress on our Florida roadmap working in dual tracks to bring cultivation and retail online. We are excited to drive growth throughout 2023 from our Florida operations,” commented Bob Groesbeck, Co-CEO of Planet 13. “In Nevada, we’ve begun the expansion of our cultivation facility to expand supply of our incredibly popular premium flower line.”
 Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial measure. See “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for a reconciliation to GAAP.
Financial Highlights – Q1 – 2022
All comparisons below are to the quarter ended March 31, 2021, unless otherwise noted
- Revenues were $25.7 million as compared to $23.8 million, an increase of 8%
- Gross profit was $12.9 million or 50.2% as compared to $13.0 million or 54.7%
- Net income before taxes of $0.7 million as compared to a net loss of $2.7 million
- Net loss of $2.1 million as compared to a net loss of $6.0 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2.6 million as compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $5.1 million
All comparisons below are to December 31, 2021, unless otherwise noted
- Cash of $62.1 million as compared to $61.6 million
- Total assets of $274.0 million as compared to $216.8 million
- Total liabilities of $41.2 million as compared to $43.1 million
Q1 Highlights and Recent Developments
- On February 11, 2022, Planet 13’s registration statement on Form 10 filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission became effective and Planet 13 became a U.S. reporting company on such date.
- On March 2, 2022, Planet 13 announced the closing of its acquisition of Next Green Wave Holdings Inc. (“NGW”).
- On March 17, 2022, Planet 13 announced the initiation of its Florida dispensary roadmap with a lease for its first dispensary in Jacksonville.
- On April 14, 2022, Planet 13 announced expansion of its Nevada cultivation to fuel in-house product growth.
- On May 2, 2022, Planet 13 announced the launch of the TRENDI brand into California.
- On May 4, 2022, Planet 13 announced the expansion of STIIIZY partnership with a new shop-in-shop at the Las Vegas SuperStore.
- On May 10, 2022, Planet 13 announced it has entered into a lease for its second Florida dispensary location.
Results of Operations (Summary)
The following table sets forth a summary of the Company’s unaudited interim results of operations for the three-month periods ended March 31, 2022 and 2021.
Results of Operations
(Figures in millions and % change based on these figures)
The Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2022, is available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov or at https://www.planet13holdings.com/investors/. The Company’s Management Discussion and Analysis for the period and the accompanying financial statements and notes are available under the Company’s profile on SEDAR and on its website at https://www.planet13holdings.com/investors/.
This news release is not in any way a substitute for reading those financial statements, including the notes to the financial statements.
Planet 13 will host a conference call on Monday, May 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss its first quarter financial results and provide investors with key business highlights. The call will be chaired by Bob Groesbeck, Co-CEO, Larry Scheffler, Co-CEO, and Dennis Logan, CFO.
CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS
Date: May 16, 2022 | Time: 5:00 p.m. EST
Participant Dial-in: Toll Free 888-506-0062 or International 973-528-0011 Access Code 874790
Replay Dial-in: Toll Free 877-481-4010 or International 919-882-2331 Reference Number 45516
(Available for 2 weeks)
Listen to webcast: Link
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
There are financial measures included in this press release that are not in accordance with GAAP and therefore may not be comparable to similarly titled measures and metrics presented by other publicly traded companies. These non-GAAP financial measures should be considered as supplemental to, and not a substitute for, our reported financial results prepared in accordance with GAAP. The Company includes EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA because it believes certain investors use these measures and metrics as a means of assessing financial performance. EBITDA is calculated as net income (loss) before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization and Adjusted EBITDA is calculated as EBITDA before share-based compensation, the change in fair value of warrants and one-time non-recurring expenses.
The following table presents a reconciliation of net income (loss) to Adjusted EBITDA for each of the periods presented:
Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA
(Figures in millions and % change based on these figures)
For further inquiries, please contact:
LodeRock Advisors Inc., Planet 13 Investor Relations
Bob Groesbeck and Larry Scheffler
Co-Chief Executive Officers
About Planet 13
Planet 13 (www.planet13holdings.com) is a vertically integrated cannabis company, with award-winning cultivation, production and dispensary operations in Las Vegas and California. Planet 13 also holds a medical marijuana treatment center license in Florida and a 49% interest in Planet 13 Illinois which won a lottery for a Social-Equity Justice Involved dispensing license in the Chicago-region of Illinois. Planet 13’s mission is to build a recognizable global brand known for world-class dispensary operations and a creator of innovative cannabis products. Planet 13’s shares trade on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) under the symbol PLTH and OTCQX under the symbol PLNHF.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.