Aphria Increases Arizona Medical Cannabis Investment

copperstate-farms-arizona
Aphria Strengthens US Investment Platform, Increases Position in Copperstate Farms Investors to 18.5%

Expanded investment increases Aphria’s position in robust Arizona medical cannabis market

LEAMINGTON, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – March 27, 2017) – Aphria Inc. (“Aphria” or the “Company”) (TSX:APH)(OTCQB:APHQF), through its subsidiary Aphria (Arizona) Inc., is pleased to announce that it made an additional investment of $3 million (USD) in Copperstate Farms Investors, LLC (“Investors”). The investment will assist Investors in advancing its capital expenditure program related to extractions, lighting and power generation. This investment increases Aphria’s membership units in Investors from 10% to 18.5% of those issued.

Investors owns a 95% interest in Copperstate Farms, LLC (“Copperstate”), a licensed producer of medical cannabis in the State of Arizona. The remaining 5% interest in Copperstate is owned by Aphria, through its subsidiary Aphria (Arizona) Inc.

Copperstate owns approximately 1.7 million square feet of greenhouses in Snowflake, Arizona and plans to bring approximately 348,000 square feet, into medical cannabis production in the fall of this year. Copperstate has received a special use permit for cannabis production in its entire facility by the Town of Snowflake. The Arizona Department of Health Services previously approved Copperstate’s initial operations located in 6,000 square feet and will need to approve the expanded cultivation prior to operating the expanded facility. Thereafter, the first harvest is currently expected in early summer with a full harvest on the expanded operation expected late in 2017. Copperstate estimates that its expanded operations are capable of annualized production of approximately 18,000 kgs. The current spot price for wholesale bud in the Arizona market is approximately $3,300 per kilogram. Copperstate has secured 90 different marijuana varieties for eventual offer to its customers. Several of the varieties are currently being tested to determine consumer demand and optimal growing metrics.

“Our expanded investment in Copperstate Farms Investors increases Aphria’s exposure to the particularly attractive Arizona medical cannabis market,” said Vic Neufeld, Chief Executive Officer, Aphria. “Our partnership with Investors combines Aphria’s extensive agriculture and pharmaceutical experience with Copperstate Farms’ strong operational expertise, all while strengthening Copperstate’s ability to serve Arizona’s approximately 115,000 medical marijuana patients. In all, we believe this important partnership has significant long-term growth potential for Aphria.”

We Have A Good Thing Growing

About Aphria

Aphria Inc., one of Canada’s lowest cost producers, produces, supplies and sells medical cannabis. Located in Leamington, Ontario, the greenhouse capital of Canada. Aphria is truly powered by sunlight, allowing for the most natural growing conditions available. We are committed to providing pharma-grade medical cannabis, superior patient care while balancing patient economics and returns to shareholders. We are the first public licensed producer to report positive cash flow from operations and the first to report positive earnings in consecutive quarters.

Original press release: http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/aphria-strengthens-us-investment-platform-increases-position-copperstate-farms-investors-tsx-aph-2205417.htm

Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.

Published by NCV Newswire
NCV Newswire
The NCV Newswire by New Cannabis Ventures aims to curate high quality content and information about leading cannabis companies to help our readers filter out the noise and to stay on top of the most important cannabis business news. The NCV Newswire is hand-curated by an editor and not automated in anyway. Have a confidential news tip? Get in touch.

Get Our Sunday Newsletter