Charlotte's Web Holdings (TSX: CWEB) (OTCQX: CWBHF) - Investor Dashboard
|Market Focus:||United States|
|Employees:||306 at 12/31/20|
|Fixed Investment:||$57.0 million|
|Shareholders’ Equity:||$241.7 million|
|Revenues – Last Quarter:||$23.7 million|
|Adj. Gross Margin :||62.9%|
|Diluted EPS :||-$0.01|
Capital Structure (11/12/21)
|Last Financing:||11.5 million units at C$6.75|
|Common Equivalent Shares:||140.3 million|
|Diluted Shares:||154.3 million|
In August 2013, CNN aired a documentary featuring Charlotte Figi, whose well-being had significantly improved after the use of the Stanley brothers’ customized extract. Over the last decade, the Stanley Brothers and the Company have evolved from the proprietary development of a single industrial hemp strain, to a market leader in the production and distribution of innovative hemp-based, cannabidiol (CBD) wellness products.
Charlotte’s Web is focused on building a global CPG company. It is a vertically integrated business that ensures high-quality, efficacy and consistency. The company cultivates on over 700 acres of irrigated farmland and utilizes a 137,000-square-foot manufacturing and R&D facility. Charlotte’s Web also uses a direct-to-consumer distribution network through the company’s flagship website. With the acquisition of Abacus Health Products, the company distributes to more than 22,000 unique retail locations.
The best CBD comes from the best plants, grown the best way. It’s a science, and an art. Come out to the fields with us to learn how the soil, water, region, and sun determine hemp’s mix of compounds, which is one reason why Charlotte’s Web is not just any CBD oil.
Charlotte’s Web is positioning itself to enter the U.S. cannabis wellness market and other federally legal markets. The company has entered into an option purchase agreement with the Stanley Brothers, which operates in California, Colorado and Florida, and has plans to expand in eight additional states.
- Market share leader in hemp-based CBD wellness products; more than five years of experience in hemp plant cultivation
- U.S. sourced hemp, with cultivation in Colorado and contract farming in Kentucky and Oregon
- Distribution through e-commerce and more than 22,000 retail locations including national retailers
- Key benefactor of the 2018 Farm Bill which removed hemp from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA)
- 87 SKUs including liquid products, capsule products, topicals, gummies, canine products, and CBD isolate; more SKUs planned
- $10 million credit line with J.P. Morgan
- Established and trusted Charlotte’s Web brand with expanding product portfolio
- Vertically-integrated with scalable platform and strength in cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution
- Certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority
- Five patented hemp cultivars
- Certified B Corporation
- Proprietary plant genetics and state-of-the-art plant drying technology
- Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status signifies the company’s extracts as safe for use in many food and beverage applications
- Expanding distribution channels: national grocery, drug, mass market, pet and natural/specialty retailers
- Shipping to five mass retailers covering 22 states
- Positioning for the US cannabis wellness market and other federally legal markets with the option to acquire Stanley Brothers
- Introduction of new, differentiated botanical products and delivery systems; New SKUs (including pet products, consumables, and topicals) planned for 2019
- Acquisition of Abacus Health Products grows the company’s distribution network and position in the ingestible and topical CBD categories
- Plans to increase e-commerce capabilities and to expand and automate distribution
- Distribution into Israel through agreement with InterCure, owner of Canndoc
Institutional Analyst Coverage
MICHAEL S. LAVERY
The Benchmark Company
Founded by the Stanley Brothers in 2013
Over the last decade, the Stanley Brothers and the Company have evolved from the proprietary development of a single industrial hemp strain, to a market leader in the production and distribution of innovative hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) wellness products.
Curated Stories & News
New Cannabis Ventures in partnership with due diligence platform 420Investor, is the definitive source for fact-based, data-driven, financial information and relevant company news for qualified publicly traded cannabis companies. NCV extracts and parses only the most important content. Information is provided “as is” and solely for informational purposes, not for trading or advice. Charlottes Web Holdings, Inc. is a client of NCV Media, LLC. Read our full disclaimer.