DENVER– Seven marijuana stores in Denver made sales to people who were under the legal purchasing age of 21, Denver Police said Wednesday.
With 30 stores investigated in the operation, the number amounts to nearly one in four selling to underage people.
Since legal sales of recreational pot began in 2014, sting operations rarely resulted in underage sales.The first round of stings last year resulted in zero violations.
These are the seven stores that sold marijuana to minors in the sting:
- The Herbal Cure 985 S. Logan St.
- The Healing House 2383 S. Downing St.
- Pure Medical Dispensary 505 W. 40th Ave.
- LaContes Clone Bar 105 E. 7th Ave.
- Herbs 4 You 20 E. 9th Ave.
- Mile High Green Cross 852 N. Broadway St.
- Higher Expectations 1332 S. Cherokee St.
Read the KUSA article and hear the clip with KUSA reporters : http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/09/30/denver-underage-marijuana-sale/73105722/