Delta 9 Reports Year End and Q4 2021 Results
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, March 31, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — DELTA 9 CANNABIS INC. (TSX: DN) (OTCQX: DLTNF) (“Delta 9” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce financial and operating results for the three-month period and full year ending December 31, 2021.
Financial Highlights for the Year Ending December 31, 2021
- Record net revenues of $62.3 million in 2021, up 20% compared to $52.0 million in 2020, including the following revenue segmentation highlights:
- Retail revenue increased 25% to $40.2 million in 2021
- Wholesale revenue increased 57% to $18.5 million in 2021
- Business to business revenue decreased 42% to $5.0 million in 2021
- Gross profit1 of $18.3 million in 2021 compared to $17.8 million last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA2 of $2.0 million in 2021 compared to an Adjusted EBITDA2 of $3.8 million last year.
- Loss from Operations of $(7.6 million) in 2021 compared to Loss from Operations of $(2.8 million) last year.
Financial Highlights for the Three-Month Period Ending December 31, 2021
- Record quarterly net revenues of $17.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2021, up 21% compared to $14.2 million for the same quarter last year.
- Sequentially net revenues increased 13% for the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to $15.2 million in the third quarter of 2021.
- Gross profit1 of $4.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2021, down 22% compared to $6.3 million for the same quarter last year.
- Sequentially gross profit1 was up 2% in the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to $4.8 million in the third quarter of 2021.
- Sequentially Adjusted EBITDA2 improved to $0.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to and Adjusted EBITDA of $0.2 million in the third quarter of 2021.
I am very proud of our Delta 9 team who worked hard to post record revenue results for 2021 against a backdrop of a challenging market environment for cannabis in Canada. We remain focused this year to produce growth and improved results as we continue to expand our retail store network, to focus our efforts on sales of our turn key Grow Pods in international markets, and to continue to grow the Company’s cannabis wholesale division.
John Arbuthnot, CEO of Delta 9
Delta 9 will continue to execute its vertically integrated and diversified revenue strategies as we continue to accelerate revenue growth and implement prudent control costs.
Summary of Quarterly Results
- Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS measure, and is calculated as earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, share-based compensation expense, fair value changes and other non-cash items.
A comprehensive discussion of Delta 9’s financial position and results of operations is provided in the Company’s Management Discussion & Analysis for the fourth quarter and year ending December 31, 2021 filed on SEDAR and can be found at www.sedar.com.
Q4 Results 2021 Conference Call
Delta 9 has scheduled a conference call to discuss the results of the fourth quarter and full year ending December 31, 2021. The conference call will be hosted March 31, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time by John Arbuthnot, Chief Executive Officer and Jim Lawson, Chief Financial Officer, followed by a question-and-answer period.
DATE: March 31, 2022
TIME: 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time
DIAL IN # 1-888-886-7786
Available until 12:00 midnight Eastern Time, June 30, 2022
REPLAY PASSCODE: 24752 #
For more information contact:
Investor & Media Contact:
Ian Chadsey VP Corporate Affairs
About Delta 9 Cannabis Inc.
Delta 9 Cannabis Inc. is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on bringing the highest quality cannabis products to market. The company sells cannabis products through its wholesale and retail sales channels and sells its cannabis grow pods to other businesses. Delta 9’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc., is a licensed producer of medical and recreational cannabis and operates an 80,000 square foot production facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Delta 9 owns and operates a chain of retail stores under the Delta 9 Cannabis Store brand. Delta 9’s shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “DN” and on the OTCQX under the symbol “DLTNF”. For more information, please visit www.delta9.ca.
1 The Company’s “gross profit” is calculated before adjustments for changes in biological assets.
2 The Company’s “Adjusted EBITDA” is a measure used by management that does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by International Financial Reporting Standards and may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies. Management defines the Adjusted EBITDA as the income (loss) from operations, as reported, before interest and tax, adjusted for removing share-based compensation expense, depreciation and amortization, the fair value effects of accounting for biological assets and inventories, and other one-time items not expected to recur. Management believes that Adjusted EBITDA, and the attribution of Adjusted EBITDA in the manner described above, provides meaningful and useful financial information as these measures demonstrate the performance of the Company’s operating businesses.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor when it becomes available again. It’s the largest & most comprehensive premium service for cannabis investors since 2013.