Fire & Flower Holdings Stock (TSX: FAF) (OTC: FFLWF) - Investor Dashboard
|Employees:||271 as of 2/2/19|
|Fiscal Year-End:||Feb 1|
|Cash on hand:||C$30.6 million|
|Fixed Investment:||C$27.6 million|
|Shareholders’ Equity:||C$39.8 million|
|Revenues :||C$11.1 million|
|Adj. Gross Margin :||36.5%|
Capital Structure (09/30/19)
|Last Financing:||$27.2 million convertible notes with warrants|
|Basic Shares:||122.0 million|
|Diluted Shares:||446.1 million|
Fire & Flower is a leading independent adult-use cannabis retailer poised to capture significant market share in Canadian provinces and territories that allow for the private retail of adult-use recreational cannabis. The company’s goal is to establish the most recognizable and successful brand of independent cannabis retail stores.
With 24 licensed cannabis stores opened since legalization and 45 planned for FY19, Fire & Flower believes that today’s cannabis consumers generally do not have preferences to existing cannabis products. This means the retail brand is of greater importance to the consumer than the product brand. Given the restrictive nature of cannabis marketing promotion it is difficult for products to build direct relationships with the consumer. A significant opportunity exists for the company to own the relationship with the consumer and place its brand ahead of the product brands.
Fire & Flower York Street Cannabis opens at 129 York Street
In July 2019, Fire & Flower entered a strategic agreement with convience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard that closed in August. Couche-Tard made an initial investment of C$26 million and can gain a 50.1 percent controlling interest of the company through a series of escalating tranches. The agreement gives Fire & Flower access to Couche-Tard’s 16,000 stores in 26 countries.
- New company focused exclusively on a regulated cannabis retail “cannabis 2.0” in Canada
- C$25 million in system sales since opening on October 17, 2018
- Operating in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Manitoba, and the Yukon
- Well-capitalized to execute on build out of stores
- Strategic investment by convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard to take the company into global markets
- 45 retail cannabis stores planned for FY2019
- A focus on Western Canada where the regulatory framework is most favorable
- White-label SAAS retail platform that can be licensed to regulated cannabis retailers in emerging international markets
- Independent cannabis retailer serving consumers where private retail is permitted
- Proprietary Hifyre active cannabis data platform
- Founded by successful legal cannabis entrepreneurs
- Wholly owned subsidiary Open Fields provides additional revenue through the wholesale of cannabis products and accessories
Institutional Analyst Coverage
David M. Kideckel
Jenny Wang, CPA
Curated Stories & News
New Cannabis Ventures in partnership with due diligence platform 420Investor, is the definitive source for fact-based, data-driven, financial information and relevant company news for qualified publicly traded cannabis companies. NCV extracts and parses only the most important content. Information is provided “as is” and solely for informational purposes, not for trading or advice. Fire & Flower, Inc. is a client of NCV Media, LLC. Read our full disclaimer.