The Evoke vaporizer from LotoLabs raised over $220K in its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign.
The reason for Evoke’s popularity centers around its groundbreaking new technology. LotoLab’s patented induction allows for an entirely new and improved form of vaping. Listen in as CannaInsider’s Matthew Kind and Neeraj Bhardwaj (co-founder and CEO) of Loto Labs go over why this vaporizer is capturing the imagination of the cannabis community.
- Loto Labs is based in Belmont, CA.
- Bhardwaj is an engineer who worked previously at National Semi and in aerospace and energy infrastructure and has a business development background
- Co-founder Andrew Bleloch is a Cambridge physicist who has worked in several technology start-ups and works for both Loto Labs and a superconducting computing company. A third co-founder, Gabe Brown, has a fine arts background and works with wood
- Magnetic induction is the core technology, and company has patents for vaporization
- Evoke is made from medical grade components and real wood, with a glass and ceramic vapor path
- Even heating leads to better taste (no burn)
- Controlled by smartphone
- Evoke uses removable capsules to hold materials
- Bhardwaj began a more personal connection with cannabis when his mother was dealing with cancer. He wasn’t happy vaporizers on the market
- Company was crowdfunded successfully on Indiegogo
- Industry is moving away from dry herb to concentrates
- Size is a bit larger than the company wanted but the shape is great
- Bluetooth allows user to set temperature and will eventually allow monitoring usage.
- App allows customers to reorder accessories and capsules
- Just about done prototyping initial product and expects to ship in three or four months
- $399 will be the retail price, with distribution from the website as well as through stores due to partnership with distributor
- Battery-life is over two hours of constant use
- Won “best pitch” at The ArcView Group meeting in Las Vegas in November
Listen to the interview “The Induction Vaporizer That is Revolutionizing Vaping”: http://www.cannainsider.com/evoke-vaporizer/