Maricann Group, Inc. Stock (OTC: MRRCF) (CSE: MARI) - Investor Dashboard
|Dried Flower:||Production and Sale|
|Extracts:||Production and Sale|
|Number of Patients:||>3000|
|Cash on hand:||$42.2mm|
|Revenues – Last Quarter:||$601K|
|Adj. Gross Margin :||-337.8%|
Capital Structure (05/29/18)
|Last Financing:||20mm Units at $2.00|
Maricann Group Inc., was founded in 2013 and is based in a well-established agricultural region in southwestern Ontario, Canada. In March of 2014 Maricann earned a Health Canada license to cultivate plants and in December earned a license from Health Canada to sell dried flower.
The company sold $1.97mm dried cannabis in 2015. In 2016, the company purchased 97.5 contiguous acres while earning a license to sell cannabis extracts. Maricann is partnered with Evolab, its Colorado-based extraction technology partner, to access its leading technology and processes.
Maricann grows all-natural plants in its energy-efficient greenhouse, while maintaining secure and consistent supply, as it has focused on eight profitable and proven strains and is aiming for production costs of $1.34 per gram.
Maricann is currently expanding domestic and international capacity and distribution channels. In Germany, Maricann has commenced a retrofit of a 500,000 square-foot cultivation facility and is preparing to cultivate all-natural plants in a portion of the facility in Dresden. The company raised $40mm by way of private placement in 2018.
Expanding in Mature Markets
Maricann’s GMP-compliant clean-room cultivation facility in Dresden, Germany leaves it very well positioned for growth in a large market.
German Parliamentarians voted unanimously in January 2017 in favor of the new “Cannabis as Medicine” law, which will create a large market with insurance coverage and pharmacy distribution and will allow Maricann to expand throughout the European Union.
- Licensed by Health Canada since 2014
- Focus on both medical and lifestyle cannabis
- Management team experienced in cultivation, pharmaceuticals, distribution, and healthcare
- Selling dried flower, oils, resin and clones
- Raised $40mm in 2018
- Forecasting strong production and sales growth following facilities expansion
- Expanding Langton, Ontario greenhouse in three phases
- 820,000 square feet of cleanroom cultivation available once the Ebersbach facility in Germany is completed
- Virtual pharmacies in physical locations and seminars and education offered by Synergy Health Clinics
- Acquired biotech company NanoLeaf Technologies and Swiss company Haxxon AG
- Focus on energy efficiency using glass greenhouse
- Intending to apply for a German cultivation license
- Focus on eight proven and profitable strains
- Canada-wide pharmacy partnership
- Joint venture with Evolab, a leading Colorado extraction technology partner
- Partnership with cannabis line Rare Darkness
Ben Ward, CEO at medical marijuana company Maricann Group, discusses the opportunity for growth in Germany, now that the country has legalized the drug for health reasons. We talk about Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ stance on the drug and why investment opportunities may be slowing under the Trump Administration. Now that Germany has expanded into medicinal cannabis, Ward estimates that the rest of Europe will soon follow.
Curated Stories & News
New Cannabis Ventures in partnership with due diligence platform 420Investor, is the definitive source for fact-based, data-driven, financial information and relevant company news for qualified publicly traded cannabis companies. NCV extracts and parses only the most important content. Information is provided “as is” and solely for informational purposes, not for trading or advice. Maricann Group, Inc. is a client of NCV Media, LLC. Read our full disclaimer.