Planet 13 Announces Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Q1 2020 Revenue
- 2019 Revenue of $63.6 million
- SuperStore accounted for 9.1% of all Nevada cannabis dispensary revenue in 2019¹
- 2019 EBITDA of $9.9 million
- Q1 2020 Revenue of $16.6 million
All figures are reported in United States dollars ($) unless otherwise indicated
LAS VEGAS, April 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – Planet 13 Holdings Inc. (CSE: PLTH) (OTCQB: PLNHF) (“Planet 13” or the “Company”), a leading vertically-integrated Nevada cannabis company, today announced financial results for the three-month and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2019. Planet 13’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
Over the past month, businesses across the country have had to quickly adjust to the reality of COVID-19 related restrictions, and Planet 13 has been no exception. While this has impacted our day to day operations, we are approaching this challenge as an opportunity to deliver safe and responsible cannabis to our community.
Larry Scheffler, Co-CEO of Planet 13
When cannabis dispensaries in Nevada were told to close, we pivoted to focus on our delivery business, and in only 25 days we’ve ramped our delivery service from five to twenty-eight vehicles and have shifted our customer mix from 15% local area residents, to 100%.
Mr. Scheffler continued, “While tourism will continue to be a strong driver of our business when things return to normal, this is a unique opportunity for us to build a strong local base and gain lasting market share as we become a fixture in the daily lives of Las Vegas Valley residents.
We opened Phase II of the SuperStore during Q4 and are pleased to report that as projected, it drove increased traffic, customer engagement, and higher average ticket. Through Q4, a seasonally slow period, we delivered $16.5 million in revenue.
Bob Groesbeck, Co-CEO
During Q1 2020, we saw the network effect of Phase II accelerate, resulting in ~$16.6 million in revenue, a 20% increase compared to Q1 of 2019, despite effects of COVID-19 starting in the middle of March. In addition, the customer-facing production facility is fully ramped up and we have begun to offer Planet 13’s portfolio of in-house brands to select third-party dispensaries on a wholesale basis.
Financial Highlights – Q4 – 2019
All comparisons below are to the quarter ended December 31, 2018, unless otherwise noted
- Revenues were $16.5 million as compared to $8.3 million, an increase of 99.8%
- Gross profit before biological adjustments was $9.4 million or 57.1% as compared $4.2 million or 50.5%, an increase of 125.8%
- Operating expenses, excluding non-cash compensation expense, were $7.1 million as compared to $5.8 million, an increase of 21.5%
- Net loss before taxes of $0.9 million as compared to a net loss of $2.2 million
- Net loss of $2.6 million as compared to a net loss of $3.1 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2.5 million as compared to Adjusted EBITDA loss of $1.5 million
All comparisons below are to December 31, 2018, unless otherwise noted
- Cash of $12.8 million as compared to $19.4 million
- Total assets of $62.9 million as compared to $44.9 million
- Total liabilities of $21.6 million as compared to $7.0 million
Financial Highlights – Full Year – 2019
All comparisons below are to the year ended December 31, 2018, unless otherwise noted
- Revenues were $63.6 million as compared to $21.2 million, an increase of 200.4%
- Gross profit before biological adjustments was $36.5 million or 57.3% as compared $10.7 million or 50.4%, an increase of 242.0%
- Operating expenses, excluding non-cash compensation expense, were $26.8 million as compared to $11.3 million, an increase of 137.5%
- Net income before taxes of $0.5 million as compared to a net loss of $8.4 million
- Net loss of $6.7 million as compared to a net loss of $10.7 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $9.9 million as compared to Adjusted EBITDA loss of $367,874
Q4 Highlights and Recent Developments
For a more comprehensive overview of these highlights and recent developments, please refer to Planet 13’s Management’s Discussion and Analysis of the Financial Condition and Results of Operations for the Three and Twelve Months Ended December 31, 2019 (the “MD&A”).
- On November 1, 2019, Planet 13 announced the opening of the customer-facing production facility.
- On December 16, 2019, Planet 13 announced winning U.S. Market Leader Award in Retail at MJBizCon.
- On January 20, 2020, Planet 13 announced the opening of dosist™ shop-in-shop wellness experience.
- On March 19, 2020, Planet 13 announced offering expanded online ordering and delivery services.
- On March 23, 2020, Planet 13 announced 24-hour delivery service.
- On April 13, 2020, Planet 13 announced termination of Santa Ana acquisition.
Results of Operations (Summary)
The following tables set forth consolidated statements of financial information for the three-month and twelve-month period ending December 31, 2019 and December 31, 2018. For further information regarding the Company’s financial results for these periods, please refer to the Company’s interim financial statements for the period ended December 31, 2019 together with the MD&A, available on Planet 13’s issuer profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and the Company’s website https://www.planet13holdings.com.
As at the date of this report, the Company had 84,451,832 common shares and 55,232,940 class A convertible, restricted voting shares issued and outstanding for a total of 139,684,772 shares outstanding. There were 558,507 options issued and outstanding of which 250,834 have fully vested. There were 13,572,238 warrants outstanding and 3,454,589 RSU’s outstanding of which nil RSUs had fully vested as at the date of this report.
Planet 13 will host a conference call on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST to discuss its third quarter financial results and provide investors with key business highlights. The call will be chaired by Bob Groesbeck, Co-CEO, Larry Scheffler, Co-CEO, and Dennis Logan, CFO.
CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS
Date: April 14, 2020 | Time: 5:00 p.m. EST
Participant Dial-in: 416-764-8688 or 1-888-390-0546
Replay Dial-in: 416-764-8677 or 1-888-390-0541
(Available for 2 weeks)
Reference Number: 656850
Listen to webcast: https://bit.ly/3dUnQs2
There are measures included in this news release that do not have a standardized meaning under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and therefore may not be comparable to similarly titled measures and metrics presented by other publicly traded companies. The Company includes these measures because it believes certain investors use these measures and metrics as a means of assessing financial performance. EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) is calculated as net earnings before finance costs (net of finance income), income tax expense, and depreciation and amortization of intangibles and is a non-GAAP financial measure that does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS and may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies.
About Planet 13
Planet 13 (www.planet13holdings.com) is a vertically integrated cannabis company based in Nevada, with award-winning cultivation, production and dispensary operations in Las Vegas – the entertainment capital of the world. Planet 13’s mission is to build a recognizable global brand known for world-class dispensary operations and a creator of innovative cannabis products. Planet 13’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol PLTH and OTCQX under the symbol PLNHF.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.