- Acquires Three Operating Dispensaries in Northeast Pennsylvania
- Purchase Price Represents a Mid-Single Digit Multiple of KCR’s Expected 2021 EBITDA
NEW YORK and TORONTO, May 3, 2021 /CNW/ – TerrAscend Corp. (“TerrAscend” or the “Company”) (CSE: TER) (OTCQX: TRSSF), a leading North American cannabis operator, today reported it has closed the previously announced acquisition of GuadCo, LLC and KCR Holdings LLC (collectively “KCR”) for an implied enterprise value of US$70 million (the “transaction”). The transaction adds three retail dispensaries located in Bethlehem, Allentown and Stroudsburg to complement the Company’s existing retail footprint in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
As an operator of three well managed dispensaries in the Northeast region, KCR expands TerrAscend’s retail footprint, diversifies the Company’s customer base and enhances margins through deeper vertical integration of its market leading brands Kind Tree, Ilera, and Prism.
With the closing of this acquisition, TerrAscend doubles our owned footprint to six dispensaries and further solidifies our leadership position as a branded manufacturer in Pennsylvania, where we distribute our products to 100% of the dispensaries in the Commonwealth.
Jason Wild, Executive Chairman of TerrAscend
TerrAscend previously owned 10% of KCR and has acquired the remaining 90% of the equity for total consideration of $63 million, comprised of $36 million in stock, $20.25 million in cash and a $6.75 million note. The purchase price is expected to represent a mid-single digit multiple of KCR’s 2021 EBITDA.
The Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this news release. Neither the CSE nor its Market Regulator (as that term is defined in the policies of the CSE) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
TerrAscend is a leading North American cannabis operator with vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and California in addition to operating as a licensed producer in Canada. TerrAscend operates an award-winning chain of Apothecarium dispensary retail locations as well as scaled cultivation, processing and manufacturing facilities on both the East and West coasts. TerrAscend’s best-in-class cultivation and manufacturing practices yield consistent, high-quality cannabis, providing industry-leading product selection to both the medical and legal adult-use market. The Company owns several synergistic businesses and brands, including The Apothecarium, Ilera Healthcare, Kind Tree, Prism, State Flower, Valhalla Confections, and Arise Bioscience Inc. For more information, visit www.terrascend.com.