On January 7th, New Cannabis Ventures Founder Alan Brochstein hosted Troy Dayton, CEO of The ArcView Group, for a webinar to discuss the organization and how it helps cannabis accredited investors navigate the rapidly changing industry. The ArcView Group, which was formed in 2010, has over 500 members that have funded over 100 ventures, investing over $63mm. Its members have also helped fund legalization efforts by almost $1mm collectively.
During the webinar, Dayton discussed many topics, including:
- ArcView is “where the deals get done in the cannabis industry.” ArcView is the largest cultivator of private cannabis investment deals, with successful fundings accelerating. Find out how many deals were funded in 2015 alone
- Learn about how the substantial specialization within the network in terms of funding vs. active participation can help all of the members in the network. It’s all about getting the right people in the room together
- The membership began with people with a social mission primarily. Find out how the membership has evolved significantly to now include some traditional institutional investors
- Troy gives some details about the first European based cannabis investment event ever
- The vetting process is extensive, with about 24 companies per week on average looking to pitch. The process cuts it down to 3-5 per week and includes them on a weekly webinar on the custom-made deal platform Breeze. These events lead to potential inclusion in the physical meetings (learn where the next event will be held)
- Members will see about 60 new companies at the 5 events in 2016 as well as additional companies that include sponsors and prior presenting companies
- Through a partnership with a capital partner, ArcView has created a vehicle that allows investors to get more diversified
- Troy discusses some of the success stories, including 100X returns, and how ArcView has been in on the ground-floor for many of the leading cannabis companies
- Ancillary companies outnumber the direct cannabis companies, but find out about why companies that touch the plant are quickly getting the largest investments
- Learn about why ArcView partnered with CanopyBoulder and how this relationship is benefiting its members to identify the best opportunities for investors. Troy names some of the most promising companies so far.
- Find out how the ArcView meetings differ greatly from traditional business conferences
- The ArcView Group, through its ArcView Market Research division, has teamed up this year with New Frontier to publish the 4th Edition of The State of the Legal Marijuana Markets ($100 discount available with code NCV100).
- Troy explains why Canada has become an area in which it is very focused on both companies and investors