Aleafia Posts Record Revenue in Q3 2018, 36% Increase Over Previous Quarter
- First Quarter of Profitability for Clinic and Cannabis Product Divisions
- 99% of 98,000 kg Annual Cannabis Production Capacity to Come Online in 2019
TORONTO, Nov. 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Aleafia Health Inc. (TSXV: ALEF; OTCQX: ALEAF, FRA: ARAH) (“Aleafia“) or (the “Company“), today announced the company’s 2018 Q3 fiscal results.
Q3 Business Highlights:
- Recorded the first cannabis revenue in the company’s history, days after securing its Health Canada Sales Licence.
- Retrofitting of 160,000 Sq. Ft. Niagara Greenhouse is underway. The facility will feature a modern, automated, moving container bench system that will significantly decrease operating expenses and allow higher yields, with a perpetual, year-round harvest. The facility is expected to be fully operational in late 2018, with a first harvest in spring 2019.
- Signed supply agreement with CannTrust, with Aleafia providing up to 15,000 kg of dried cannabis flower in 2019.
- Announced adult-use cannabis division with Serruya Private Equity (“Serruya”). Aleafia and Serruya will launch a national adult-use retail network and together hold international licence agreements for commercially proven brands. Aleafia will produce, label and list these brands in the retail network and with provincial distributors. Serruya is also making a $10 million strategic investment in Aleafia. The closing of the transactions occurred following the reporting period.
Business Highlights Following the Reporting Period:
- Secured local approval for 60,000 kg, secure outdoor cannabis cultivation site at Aleafia’s Health Canada-Licensed Port Perry facility. Ground-breaking is expected in Spring 2019, with a first harvest in summer 2019.
- Launched global expansion with 10 per cent proposed equity stake in Australian medical cannabis company CannaPacific Pty Ltd. (“CannaPacific”).
- Announced first phase of unique proprietary cannabis education platform via partnership with D2L (Desire2Learn) Corporation (“D2L”). D2L will produce a series of cannabis courses on Aleafia’s behalf including Cannabis 101 and Cannabis in the Workplace. The product will be launched by early 2019.
Q3 Financial Highlights:
- Total revenue for the three and nine months ending September 30, 2018 was $1.6 million and $3 million, respectively. Q3 2018 revenue was up 36 per cent over Q2 2018.
- Gross profit for the three and nine months ending September 30, 2018 was $2.2 million and $3.1 million, respectively.
- For the Health & Wellness division, Q3 2018 revenue and operating income before non-cash items was $1.06 million and $206,458, respectively.
- For the Farms & Products division, Q3 2018 revenue and operating income before non-cash items was $529,146 and $217,358, respectively. This included the sale of the company’s first harvest.
- As of September 30, 2018, the Company had $22.8 million in cash on hand.
“As the company has achieved a number of important milestones, we are extremely encouraged by our third quarter results. It has been a transformative period for Aleafia. Our first cannabis sale marks the beginning of our cultivation expansion with Aleafia producing 98,000 kg of dried flower on an annual run rate basis,” said Aleafia Chairman Julian Fantino. “We look forward to soon supplying our growing base of over 50,000 patients with Aleafia-produced medical cannabis.”
Management has been relentlessly focused on executing our business strategy and we are now seeing the fruits of this labour. Our retail, supply and international brands agreements with Serruya Private Equity will position Aleafia to assume a leadership role in adult-use cannabis and generate significant revenue through all stages of the cannabis value chain.
CEO Geoffrey Benic
With 99 per cent of our 98,000 kg of annual cannabis production capacity to come online in 2019 and our major expansion into the adult-use market, we look forward to this exponential growth in the next 12 months.
For Investor & Media Relations, please contact:
Nicholas Bergamini, VP, Public Affairs
About Aleafia Health Inc.:
Aleafia is a vertically integrated, national cannabis company with major medical clinic, cannabis cultivation and R&D operations. The company is a federally licensed producer and vendor of cannabis and will reach an annual production capacity of 98,000 kg of dried cannabis in 2019.
Aleafia operates 22 medical cannabis clinics staffed by physicians and nurse practitioners, with over 50,000 patients. The company is highly differentiated, maintaining the largest medical cannabis dataset in the world with significant intellectual property holdings and current R&D operations.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.