In episode 26 of the Investing in Cannabis Podcast, Brandon David interviews Josh Camitta, the Founder and CEO of Blunt Ventures to discuss its new swiss army knife of grinders. The Grale is the world’s first medical grinder and scale. It can grind, weigh, and store all flower based products. The Grale is also the only grinder on the market designed to measure precise dosages and increase consumption awareness.
- The Grale is a grinder combined with a scale
- Josh came up with the idea when he was 19, almost 7 years ago
- Demo from 4:00-7:00
- Device helps control dosing and perhaps helps consumers economize
- Josh discusses the manufacturing challenges – everything was engineered
- The Grale wholesales for about $45 and retail is about $90
- 90% is sold to head shops and only 10% to consumers
- Social media (Instagram and MassRoots) has helped the company – very positive about MassRoots
- The Grale is protected by a utility patent
- Company is moving to Denver
- NY designer/manufacturer alliance will lead to improvements, including upgraded materials, and could lower the price by 20%.
- Sold 800 units since October launch