Appearing on The Exchange, Canopy Growth Corp CEO Bruce Linton shared his views on the changes ahead in Canada with host Bruce Sellery.
- Canada already has the leading global medical cannabis production system
- The potential taxes will drive a quick adoption by the newly elected Liberal Majority
- Recreational and medical distribution may differ from province to province, but the production side’s supply chain is solid and likely to expand
- Tweed has “clicks and bricks”, addressing the demand for information by operating storefronts that allow the company to interact with patients though not to distribute product
- Canopy Growth has variable modes of production, including its 350k s.f. greenhouse and two indoor facilities
- Linton warns against expecting “too much too soon” and hopes that the implementation is 6-12 months