cbdMD Reports Record First Quarter Fiscal 2020 Net Sales of $10.14 Million
CHARLOTTE, N.C., February 13, 2020–(BUSINESS WIRE)–cbdMD, Inc. (NYSE American: YCBD, YCBD PR A) (the “Company”), a leading cannabidiol (CBD) consumer brands company, reported today its first fiscal 2020 quarter ended December 31, 2019 results, the highlights of which were:
- The Company reported record net sales of $10,148,236, a year-over-year quarterly increase of approximately 285% (which is based upon the pre-acquisition and post-acquisition net sales of the brand which the Company acquired in late December 2018).
- The Company reported its net sales for the quarter were approximately 67% through its e-commerce channel and 33% through its retail brick and mortar channel.
- The Company reported its gross profit margin as a percent of net sales were 63.5% as compared to 64.4% in prior year same period and an improvement from our last quarter ending September 30, 2019, which was 56.7%.
- The Company reported a quarterly loss from operations of $6,112,598, of which approximately $965,000 was non-cash items. Total operating expenses related to marketing, advertising, sponsorship and affiliate commissions were approximately $5 million for the quarter, of which $1.2 million was an accelerated license fee for the Life Time Fitness Agreement.
- The Company reported a $16,898,006 decrease in the Company’s non-cash contingent liability and net income before provision for income tax of $10,730,665.
- The Company reported net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2020 of $12,863,029 or $0.45 cents per diluted share.
- The Company reported $3,661,210 in cash at December 31, 2019, which gave no effect to the subsequent follow-on firm commitment common stock offering which resulted in approximately $16.9 million of net proceeds on January 14, 2020.
cbdMD is reporting another record quarter of revenue growth, we are fully financed and expect to achieve cash flow breakeven by the end of this fiscal year. In calendar 2019, our first full year of CBD sales, we generated over $33 million in total net sales, which was well ahead of our initial expectations of $20 million.
Martin Sumichrast, Chairman and co-CEO of the Company
We believe that we have built two of the leading CBD brands in America, cbdMD and Paw CBD. While our common share price has been negatively impacted by the current investor sentiment in the cannabis sector, we believe we are a bright spot in the overall industry.
“We continue to drive online sales through the use of various digital marketing tactics, athlete and major league partnerships, and high traffic affiliate programs. Currently we have over 222,000 active e-commerce subscribers, an increase of over 10% since last quarter. On the brick and mortar side of our business, we are growing the amount of retail stores who currently carry our brands. Our retail reach is now over 5,300 retail doors, an increase of over 1,000 doors since last quarter and we have also increased our international presence and are now currently selling to wholesale customers in 16 international markets, up from 10 last quarter,” continued Mr. Sumichrast.
“During calendar 2019, we invested heavily in brand development and acquiring brand building assets as well as our physical infrastructure with full scale manufacturing, distribution and warehousing facilities. During calendar 2020, our focus is on deploying and activating these assets while containing our overall advertising and marketing costs. We continue to invest in R&D and testing to ensure the safety and quality of our products. Every batch of finished goods are tested with a full panel by an ISO certified testing laboratory to ensure the quality and purity, as well as to ensure we meet our label claims for potency, ” continued Mr. Sumichrast.
“Our brands have also received leading brand recognition in the CBD industry. In July, 2019, the Brightfield Group, one of the leading predictive analytics and market research firms for the legal CBD industry, named cbdMD a Top 10 domestic brand in two booming categories, Topicals and Skincare/Beauty. In November 2019, in a newly released survey conducted by Brightfield of more than 3,500 CBD users, cbdMD ranked the highest in terms of overall consumer satisfaction as well as the highest in unaided consumer awareness of any of the top 20 CBD brands. In the animal health side of our business, Paw CBD was recently ranked by the Brightfield Group as one of the top five brands in the animal CBD market. Most recently, we announced a plan to start a joint venture with holistic pet foods leader Halo, Purely for Pets® (“Halo®”), a premium, natural pet food brand with a rich 30-year operating history,” added Mr. Sumichrast.
CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS
Thursday, February 13, 2020, 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time
Replay dial in – Available through January 18, 2020
Replay ID: 56986
Webcast Replay link – available through March 18, 2020: https://www.investornetwork.com/event/presentation/56986
About cbdMD, Inc.
cbdMD, Inc. (NYSE American: YCBD and NYSE American: YCBD PR A) owns and operates the nationally recognized consumer cannabidiol (CBD) brand cdbMD, whose current products include CBD gummies, CBD tinctures, CBD topical, CBD bath bombs, CBD oils and CBD pet products. cbdMD, Inc. is a nationally recognized consumer cannabidiol (CBD) brand whose current products include CBD tinctures, CBD gummies, CBD topicals, CBD bath bombs, and CBD pet products. cbdMD is also the proud partner with the Big 3 Basketball League, Barstool Sports, Bellator MMA, (a subsidiary of Viacom: NASDAQ:VIA), Life Time Fitness and Nitro Circus. To learn more about cbdMD, Inc. and our comprehensive line of over 100 SKU’s of U.S. produced, THC-free CBD products, please visit: www.cbdmd.com or follow cbdMD on Instagram and Facebook or visit one of the over 4,000 retail outlets that carry cbdMD products.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.