In a Bloomberg interview, Brendan Kennedy, CEO of Privateer Holdings, discussed his company, its mission and the opportunity he sees.
- Cannabis prohibition is fundamentally wrong, especially for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans as well as to people in foreign countries
- Seattle is a place for pioneers like Microsoft, Amazon and Costco, and Privateer
- $35-40 billion annual industry revenues – “bigger than corn”
- No public companies yet
- Biggest opportunity in his lifetime
- Privateer Holdings has credibility that is lacking among a large proportion in the space
Listen to “Yale MBA Grad Starts Marijuana Industry PE Fund”: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/06f20958-a839-4949-8196-3b7b5ecb17a9