IM Cannabis Reports Record Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results
- Q4 2021 revenues expected to be at least $20 million, an increase of at least 308% year-over-year and at least 37% sequentially
- Full Year 2021 revenues expected to increase at least 240% year-over-year to at least $54 million
TORONTO and GLIL YAM, Israel, March 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — IM Cannabis Corp. (the “Company”, “IM Cannabis”, or “IMC”) (CSE: IMCC) (NASDAQ: IMCC), a leading medical and adult-use recreational cannabis company with operations in Israel, Canada, and Germany, provided preliminary unaudited financial results for the three months and fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. All amounts are reported in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stated.
Preliminary Q4 and Full Year 2021 Financial & Operational Highlights:
- Preliminary revenues for Q4 2021 were at least $20 million, representing an approximate increase of at least 37% from Q3 2021 and at least 308% compared to the same prior-year period.
- Preliminary gross margin before fair value adjustment was at least 18% in Q4 2021, temporarily impacted by modest investments in the German market and impact of COVID-19 restrictions in Canada that disrupted labour and supply chains.
- Preliminary revenues for fiscal year 2021 were at least $54 million, representing an approximate increase of at least 240% from fiscal year 2020. Preliminary gross margin before fair value adjustment was at least 22% in fiscal year 2021.
- Focus Medical Herbs Ltd. (“Focus Medical”) successfully imported approximately 399 kilograms of premium, indoor-grown, Canadian dried cannabis following approval from the Ministry of Agriculture to import to the Israeli market in Q4 2021. Subsequent to Q4 2021, the WAGNERS brand was launched in Israel.
- In Q4 2021, the Company announced the anticipated 2022 launch of WAGNERS brand in the rapidly evolving German medical cannabis market.
- Signed a definitive agreement in Q4 2021 to acquire Oranim, Jerusalem’s leading medical cannabis pharmacy, positioning IMC as one of the largest retailers of medical cannabis in Israel. The acquisition of Oranim is conditional upon receipt of all requisite approvals, including regulatory approval from the Israeli Medical Cannabis Agency. The closing of the Oranim acquisition is expected by the end of Q2 2022.
“We built significant momentum across our operating platform in 2021, as evidenced by our annual revenues growth of at least 240% to a record of at least $54 million,” said Oren Shuster, Chief Executive Officer of IMC.
In Israel, we have become among the largest distributors of medical cannabis and are well positioned to capture market growth today and in the future with the potential for recreational legalization. We continue to capture meaningful market share in the premium segment in Canada driven by our staunch focus on cultivation excellence and increasing brand recognition of WAGNERS and Highland Grow.
Oren Shuster, Chief Executive Officer of IMC
Importantly, our execution with our recreational and medical operations in Canada and Israel and our global distribution expertise provides us with the blueprint to effectively capitalize on the substantial German market opportunity as it liberalizes its cannabis laws.
“As we move through 2022, we remain focused on realizing synergies across our supply chain while scaling operations in the three largest federally legal markets where we currently operate, which makes IMC uniquely positioned to emerge as the leading purveyor of premium cannabis on a global scale. I look forward to providing further updates to the market during our upcoming earnings call later this month,” concluded Shuster.
The information provided within this release should be read in conjunction with the Company’s audited consolidated financial statements for the year and three months ended December 31, 2021 (the “Audited Financial Statements”), and the accompanying management’s discussion and analysis for the year and three months ended December 31, 2021, which will be filed on the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com.
About IM Cannabis Corp.
IM Cannabis (NASDAQ: IMCC) (CSE: IMCC) is a leading international cannabis company providing premium products to medical patients and adult-use recreational consumers. IM Cannabis is one of the very few companies with operations in Israel, Germany, and Canada, the three largest federally legal markets. The ecosystem created through its international operations leverages the Company’s unique data-driven perspective and product supply chain globally. With its commitment to responsible growth and financial prudence, and the ability to operate within the strictest regulatory environments, the Company has quickly become one of the leading cultivators and distributors of high-quality cannabis globally.
The IM Cannabis ecosystem operates in Israel through its commercial relationship with Focus Medical, which cultivates, imports, and distributes cannabis to medical patients, leveraging years of proprietary data and patient insights. The Company also operates medical cannabis retail pharmacies, online platforms, distribution centres and logistical hubs in Israel that enable the safe delivery and quality control of IM Cannabis products throughout the entire value chain. In Germany, the IM Cannabis ecosystem operates through Adjupharm GmbH (“Adjupharm”), where it also distributes cannabis to pharmacies for medical cannabis patients. In Canada, IM Cannabis operates through Trichome Financial Corp. (“Trichome”) and its subsidiaries Trichome JWC Acquisition Corp. (“TJAC”) and MYM Nutraceuticals Inc. (“MYM”), where it cultivates and processes cannabis for the adult-use market at its Ontario, Nova Scotia, and Quebec facilities under the WAGNERS and Highland Grow brands. For more information, please visit www.imcannabis.com.
Disclaimer Regarding Financial Information
The financial information presented in this press release is based on preliminary, unaudited financial statements prepared by management, for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. Accordingly, such financial information may be subject to change. While the Company does not expect there to be any material changes to the financial information presented in this press release, to the extent that it is inconsistent with the information contained in the Audited Financial Statements, the financial information contained in this news release shall be deemed to be modified or superseded by such Audited Financial Statements. The making of a modifying or superseding statement shall not be deemed an admission for any purposes that the modified or superseded statement, when made, constituted a misrepresentation for purposes of applicable securities laws.
This press release includes reference to “Gross Margin”, which is a non-International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) financial measure. Non-IFRS measures are not recognized measures under IFRS, do not have a standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS, and are therefore unlikely to be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies. The Company defines gross margin as the difference between revenues and cost of goods sold divided by revenues (expressed as a percentage), prior to the effect of a fair value adjustment for inventory and biological assets. IM Cannabis has used or included this non-IFRS measure solely to provide investors with added insight into IM Cannabis’s financial performance. Readers are cautioned that such non-IFRS measure may not be appropriate for any other purpose. Non-IFRS measures should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for measures of performance prepared in accordance with IFRS.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor when it becomes available again. It’s the largest & most comprehensive premium service for cannabis investors since 2013.