Spokane-based agricultural testing lab Trace Analytics serves the entire state of Washington, testing both recreational (I-502) and medical cannabis. The company provides potency measurement, pesticide screening, microbial testing, genetic research, full service edible development and process evaluation and grow consulting. In the video below, the company describes its operations.
- Comments included from CEO Gordon Fagras, COO Jason Zitzer and Lab Operations Director Caitlin Johnson
- Key partners include Shimadzu, which provides the instruments the lab uses, and SPEX Sample Prep
- The company will be able to detect over 217 different pesticides
- 5 microbial tests, visual inspection, a moisture profile and THC potency are mandated
- Terpene measurements are not mandated but Trace Analytics provides it
- Other developments planned include testing for heavy metals and additional toxins, like aflatoxin
- Only lab in state to use real-time PCR for microbial testing