Cannabis Frontier interviewed Kyla Hill, who is the founder and CEO of Get Hemp Butter in Washington, D.C. Kyla, who is very active in the local cannabis community and is a member of Women Grow, has a background in experiential marketing. The company recently earned the 2015 Best New Product Award in the Mid-Atlantic & East Coast from Canna Awards. While the company has struggled to broaden its distribution, it appears to be making inroads.
- Company was formed in 2013 when Kyla couldn’t find natural beauty products that suited her needs
- Hemp Butter All-In-One was the first product, a moisturizer than can be used for hair, hands, body and cuticles.
- Kyla marketed in D.C. and became the area’s largest topical product
- She works with massage therapists and attends local events
- The butters have 5000mg of hemp and are infused with CBD from industrial hemp
- Major trade shows that cater to natural or organic products don’t welcome her company
- Her biggest challenge is reaching her target audience outside of the cannabis community