The New West Summit, which will move to a larger venue in Oakland after two initial events in San Francisco, has rapidly established itself as a leading venue for cannabis investors. The event, which takes place on October 13th and 14th and will be followed by a consumer event on the 15th, offers three tracks focused exclusively on the game-changing, disruptive developments in technology, investment and media within the cannabis space.
The complete schedule lists about three dozen panels, including topics like automation, lab testing in California, data security, banking, international opportunities, high end edibles, patents, and branding. Some of the other highlights include a keynote speech from Roger McNamee of Elevation Partners and Dave Morin of Slow Ventures and a special announcement from the new CEO of High Times, Adam Levin (maybe an update on its move to go public?). Cannabis industry accelerator Gateway will also be presenting a competition for cannabis startups.
Building on significant interest last year in leading public companies that presented on panels, New West Summit will be presenting the Exclusive Public Companies Symposium, with a dozen companies participating. Each session will be include a thirty minute presentation followed by fifteen minutes of Q&A. The presenting companies include alphabetically:
- ABcann Global (TSXV: ABCN) (OTC: ABCCF)
- Aurora Cannabis (TSX: ACB) (OTC: ACBFF)
- Canadian Bioceutical (CSE: BCC) (OTC: CIBCF)
- Canopy Growth (TSX: WEED) (OTC: TWMJF)’
- Harvest One (TSXV: HVST) (OTC: HRVOF)
- iAnthus Capital (CSE: IAN) (OTC: ITHUF)
- Kush Bottles (OTC: KSHB)
- Liberty Health Sciences (CSE: LHS) (OTC: LHSIF)
- MedReleaf (TSX: LEAF) (OTC: MEDFF)
- Organigram (TSXV: OGI) (OTC: OGRMF)
- Solis Tek (OTC: SLTK)
- Terra Tech (OTC: TRTC)
- The Green Organic Dutchman (pre-public)
The presentations will give attendees the opportunity to meet leading vertically integrated companies operating in Canada, the U.S. and beyond as well as ancillary companies focused on packaging and lighting.