This is a copy of the June 3rd edition of our weekly Newsletter, which we have been publishing since October, 2015.
New Cannabis Ventures, together with 420 Investor, the largest, most comprehensive cannabis-investment centric subscription service since 2013, is working with financial media outlet Benzinga to produce an event focused exclusively on investing in the cannabis industry. The inaugural Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference will take place on August 16-17 in Toronto and will include a special networking reception on the 16th and a full day of back-to-back panels and company presentations, with multiple tracks, on the 17th. Attendees will have the chance to meet face to face with executives of leading public and private cannabis companies, investment institutions, entrepreneurs and ancillary service providers from the United States, Canada and beyond. Additionally, we are working on arranging an additional premium event for attendees to participate in LP facility tours on Saturday the 18th.
Benzinga is known for producing successful financial technology events with powerhouse attendees and speakers, and we will be working with them to channel that success directly into the cannabis industry. To ensure you get the best price possible on your tickets, admission to the conference is just $247 as of the mailing of this newsletter. We look forward to seeing many of our readers at this event in August!
New Cannabis Ventures publishes curated articles as well as exclusive news. Here is some of the most interesting business content from this week:
- Aphria Joint Venture to Acquire 60% of Licensed African Cannabis Extracts Producer Verve
- Aurora Cannabis Introduces Novel Product Line with 35% THC Potency
- EXCLUSIVE: Canadian Cannabis Producer Stocks See Extreme Variances in Performance in May
- Canopy Growth Enters 5th Continent with $29 Million African Cannabis Producer Acquisition
- Canopy Rivers to Raise up to $60 Million Ahead of Going Public
- Emblem Q1 Sales Jump 41%
- EXCLUSIVE: Global Cannabis Stocks Suffer Slight Decline in May
- iAnthus Capital Generates Initial Cannabis Sales in Q1
- Kush Bottles to Open 5th Cannabis Packaging Distribution Facility
- MPX Raises $40 Million to Fund Expansion and Acquisitions in the U.S. and Canada
- Newstrike Books $10.5 Million in Sales without Selling a Single Gram of Cannabis
- EXCLUSIVE: Vanguard Mutual Fund Surprisingly Owns $47 Million of Cannabis Stocks
Plus has introduced two fast acting cannabis infused edible products to the market already. With large distributors already in place and a demonstrated ability to launch products quickly, Plus has the personnel and the ability to scale and diversify their product lines to meet the increase in demand expected to accompany the 2018 transition to a recreational market. To follow the company’s progress, click the “Get more info” button by visiting their page on New Cannabis Ventures.
To get real-time updates download our free mobile app for Android or Appledevices, like our Facebook page, or follow Alan on Twitter. Share and discover industry news with like-minded people on the largest cannabis investor and entrepreneur group on LinkedIn.
Use the suite of professionally managed NCV Cannabis Stock Indices to monitor the performance of publicly-traded cannabis companies within the day or over longer time-frames. In addition to the comprehensive Global Cannabis Stock Index, we offer a family of indices to track Canadian licensed producers.
View the Public Cannabis Company Revenue Tracker, which ranks the top revenue producing cannabis stocks that generate industry sales of more than $2.5m per quarter.
Consider subscribing to 420 Investor, Alan’s comprehensive stock due diligence platform since 2013 for more in-depth information and market intelligence about the publicly traded cannabis sector, including insights into Canadian, American, German and Australian opportunities.
Alan & Joel