After a 57.4% rebound in Q1, Cannabis stocks, as measured by the Global Cannabis Stock Index, gave up some ground in April, declining 1.5%:
The index, which had 64 qualifying members during the month following the quarterly rebalancing, declined 54.9% in 2018 but has rallied 66.0% since the 2018 low set on December 24th. The year-to-date gain through April is 55.0%:
Leading the way, all with returns in excess of 20%, were:
- Endexx (OTC: EDXC): +64.2%
- Valens GroWorks (CSE: VGW) (OTC: VGWCF): +57.5%
- MediPharm Labs (TSXV: LABS) (OTC: MEDIF): +56.8%
- Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX: NEPT) (NASDAQ: NEPT): +28.2%
- 22nd Century Group (NYSE American: XXII): +28.1%
- SLANG Worldwide (CSE: SLNG) (OTC: SLGWF): +21.5%
Eight names fell by more than 20% during April:
- Westleaf (TSXV: WL) (OTC: WSLFF): -58.0%
- 48North Cannabis (TSXV: NRTH) (OTC: NCNNF): -35.6%
- India Globalziation Capital (NYSE American: IGC): -30.3%
- Agraflora Organics Intl (CSE: AGRA) (OTC: PUFXF): -26.2%
- SOL Global Investments (CSE: SOL) (OTC: SOLCF): -24.6%
- Cannex Capital (CSE: CNNX) (OTC: CNXXF): -23.1%
- Tilray (NASDAQ: TLRY): -21.7%
- Aleafia Health (TSXV: ALEF) (OTC: ALEAF): -20.4%
We have also published separate reviews of the performance of the American Cannabis Operators Index and the Canadian Cannabis LP Index:
- American Cannabis Stocks Give Up Some Gains in April
- Cannabis Investors Shift Attention to Canadian Extraction Companies and Larger LPs in April
We will summarize the index performance again in a month. You can learn more about the index members and the qualifications for inclusion by visiting the Global Cannabis Stock Index. Be sure to bookmark the page to stay current on cannabis stock price movements within the day or from day-to-day.
New Cannabis Ventures maintains six proprietary indices designed to help investors monitor the publicly-traded cannabis stocks, including the Global Cannabis Stock Index as well as the Canadian Cannabis LP Index and its three sub-indices. The sixth index, the American Cannabis Operator Index, was launched at the end of October and tracks the leading cultivators, processors and retailers of cannabis in the United States.
Get ahead of the crowd by signing up for 420 Investor, the largest & most comprehensive premium subscription service for cannabis traders and investors since 2013.